Monday, September 25, 2017

East Coastin'

Now that would have been a good hashtag for our trip - darn! #ShedwinsEastCoastin (I started with #ViveLeShedwin but that only happened for a few photos and then I wasn't sure about it for the duration; it was more so Quebec specific! #FirstWorldProblems)

Bonjour from sunny Lunenburg, Nova Scotia! Lunenburg is an adorable, small, picturesque town where we are just for one night. Earlier today we were in Halifax, and tomorrow we head to Charlottetown, PEI. (yay for a new province!!) I really love these adventures. I love seeing something new every day and exploring places I've never been. Plus, seeing all these beautiful things in our own country is fascinating to me; especially considering how diverse our country is from coast to coast.

Our trip started in Montreal, where I worked for about a week. Edwin then met me there and that is where our East coast adventure began. We rented a car and have been driving since Montreal; I lose the term 'we' loosely as Edwin has been the one and only driver thus far actually! (in my defence: I am not an approved driver of this rental car as I was working when he picked it up! We keep meaning to find a Hertz...)

I will do a more detailed post about all the places we have been, but for now I will share a few quick photos! I am trying to upload all of our photos every day or two and separate them into folders. This makes the organized part of me very happy, and also JUST in case we lose the camera, we have a backup.

In Old Montreal in front of the Clock Tower & Pont Jacques Cartier.

This has been the prettiest church we have seen so far, and we've seen a lot of churches on this trip!! This is Sainte Anne de Beaupre in Quebec, near the St. Lawrence river. It was also so nice that this was not a main tourist destination and therefore not very busy.

After the above church tour, we went for lunch at a brewery on the St. Lawrence river. So cute and great lunch! Edwin makes fun of me because apparently I tilt my head like this in photos quite often. Who knew?! Why do I do it - I don't know!

Hopewell Rocks - these were pretty cool natural rock structures! However, we got there after the tide had come in so we could not walk on the ground by them unfortunately. Still beautiful!
 
LOBSTER POUTINE! I don't even know where to start - this was SO GOOD. More on a later blog post perhaps.

I also don't know where to start with this - Peggy's Cove is absolutely amazing. It was so, so, so touristy and there were tons of people. BUT when you find a spot nearby where you can just watch the waves come in, it is a fantastic spot. Everything about this spot was as beautiful as you can imagine.

And now, here is adorable little Lunenburg. It has colorful buildings, tons of sailboats, beautiful waterfront wharfs, and lots of seafood. What's not to love?!

I have to tell you that Edwin is excellent at planning trips. He worked on planning this trip and booked it all and has done a great job! We have been to very key places in each location. I know that I am very lucky to have such a good planner for a husband!!!

On the agenda tomorrow: kayaking and then heading to PEI! I hope that everyone is having a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment