Here are some of my favorite books I've read so far this year and my thoughts on them:
1. Little Black Stretchy Pants by Chip Wilson - I loved this book; partially because I feel a bit of a 'connection' to lululemon being that it's local, I love the clothing, and Edwin worked there. I love biographies, and this wasn't necessarily a biography, but it was close. Chip Wilson really did take a lot of risks in his business strategies which is how he was so successful and that was interesting to read about. He is definitely a unique person!
2. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (I am 1/4 through the second book in the trilogy, China Rich Girlfriend) - "Oh how I wish I had billions of dollars like these people!" (my brain, while reading this book)
3. The Girl in the Ice & The Night Stalker (2 of 6 books in the Detective Erika Foster series by Robert Bryndza) - an English detective solving one mystery at a time. Nothing wildly unique about these, but I do like a good mystery book!
4. Rain by Tim Antonides - a story of a couples struggle with infertility. This was written by one of my elementary school teachers! It was very well written and I enjoyed the characters in the book.
5. It's Okay to Miss the Bed on the First (and other life lessons I learned by my dog) by John O'Hurley - this was an adorable & funny book about how dogs can teach us so much in life about how to life our best lives. Plus, you definitely know the author - google him!
There have a been a few others I've read but these are my favorites so far. I hope to continue reading lots and have downloaded more that I am looking forward to: Becoming (Michelle Obama), The Tattooist of Auschwitz, and the rest of the two series above. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know!
|A picture of my adorable little girl to end this post :) (since I don't post very often!)|